Sunday 5 April 2020

Another Day in Richmond UK


First of all let me respond to one of my followers and provide a link to the WHO formulation for hand sterilizer.

Either use this link https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK144054/ or simply Google WHO hand sterilizer. My own experience was  to use Aloe Vera gel instead of Glycerine and used 99.9% isopropanol absolutely the best sterilizing alcohol to use. Unfortunately the mixture didn’t mix too well and resulted in some fairly solid precipitation of some rubbery white solid. Probably the gel component of the Aloe Vera gel. I solved this problem by filtering the mixture through a kitchen towel. This does not detract from the sterilizing properties of the mixture, it’s the alcohol that is important, but next time I shall try glycerine exactly as per WHO recipe. I also added some cloves essence to give the mixture a nice smell.

So what has been happening in Richmond? We had a grocery delivery on Saturday morning. Nothing like Covid-19 to raise the mundane to the exceptional. But perhaps even less exceptional but more important it was my birthday. An excuse to get out the diminishing small cache of decent wine. In this instance a 2012 Coyeux Gigondas bought because a few years back Decanter picked as the best in the bunch. It was enjoyed but often Decanter has a lot to answer for. It was preceded by a 2017 white La Louronne Simian from Piolenc also in the southern Rhone. Now that I really enjoyed.
Shena and I went for a walk along the Thames in the morning. We love this area and it attracts many visitors. Not so good in the current circumstances. Most people can clearly not judge 2 meters separation.

I love this blog but have struggled with its Blogger structure. I think new posts should be posted up front and not archived. A challenge to our blog master.

All the best and take care,
John

3 comments:

  1. A quick comment ...
    I agree with you John, I'd like to get the new posts up front, to do that I have to get in there and modify the blog design from the default setup so I've got some learning to do ... I'll get on to it, watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John, I have redesigned the blog a little to make it easier for you to navigate.
    Click on the heading "BLOG ARCHIVE" in the right hand column (NOT the individual posts in the archive), you will find that the main window now lists all the posts that have been made with the most recent at the top and you can scroll through them. It will stay that way unless you click on any of the tabs that head up the page " WELCOME, Entertainment for Isolation" etc. you only need to click on those tabs to read entries that I have made on those various topics - though I realise that may prove irresistible.
    Hope that clarifies things for you, let me know if not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again John, no, I need to correct what I said above! You can't actually click on "BLOG ARCHIVE", you should click on "2020" at the top of the list instead.
    Another way to get the same result of all posts displayed with the most recent at the top is to click on "HOME" which appears at the bottom of the page wherever you are in the blog. Hope that works!

    ReplyDelete